Thursday 14 June 2012

Week 7

I know it has been a while since I last posted here. This isn't because I've been hiding but rather relaxing.

Gizo is lovely and very beautiful. However, this does mean it is difficult to get energy to do anything, including walking down the hill into town, except when food is involved.

As to what I've been up to... Not much.
However, I have done a night dive which was scary in shark infested waters, but I survived.
I've also scuba dived with sharks! They are such interesting creatures but Hollywood really destroyed their reputation. They are not like Jaws but they do know that they are boss!

It is so cool here, meeting new people that I would otherwise have never had the opportunity to.

I will be sad to leave as this stress free calmness is brilliant and will be sad when the world of work forces it away.

I would really recommend visiting here but only if you enjoy the 'Off the beaten track' beauty of desert islands and tranquility. Don't come here expecting tourist facilities as tourism is so far a concept that hasn't caught on, which has its benefits.

With 992 islands making up the Solomons Islands and only about 150 inhabited, you can still find your own desert island to hide away from all technology and chaos of modern life.

Visit the Solomon Islands and Leave the Modern World behind!

1 comment:

  1. oh wow, Mark,it sounds idyllic! am so glad you're taking the time to relax and enjoy the place! am DEFINITELY putting the solomon islands on my "to visit" list after reading your blogs!
    Crispy x

    ReplyDelete