Thursday 31 May 2012

Week 5

Hello,
Just a quick update to reassure any of you who are worried about me.
I've been relaxing in Gizo and enjoying it. Very slow moving here but that is lovely.
These last few days have been a series of firsts:
1) Descaled a fish and prepared it, then cooked it on the barbeque. During the descaling it attacked me, by inserting a sharp spine into my thumb. It swelled up but is now settling. Evil fish.
2) Went to Nurse Outreach Clinic in a village up in the hills. 3 families settled there after fleeing their coastal village when the Tsunami struck in 2007. I say 3 families but really more extended families with lots of children. This was an experience.
3) Taught basic life support in a high school. This was good as they've never been taught it. It was good fun as well as potentially life saving.
4) Finished a 4th book in 5 weeks!!! This never happens!

Anyway, I better go and get some more bananas (as that's my breakfast and lunch).
Oh and not yet been diving again as nursing various wounds and don't want to risk them getting septic, which often happens here.

M.

1 comment:

  1. Is it true that too many banana's aren't good for you! If so maybe cut down or you may turn into one ;-)
    Looking forward to seeing photos particularly of the fish!!

    ReplyDelete