Friday 25 May 2012

Day... I'm off to Gizo

So I have now completed 4 weeks worth of placement in the National Referral Hospital.
It has certainly been an experience.
I am happy though that I have done the placement here, as the large volume of patients I've seen of varying complexities is something that would not have been possible elsewhere.

As for Gizo and Western Province I'll keep you posted (if there is internet, as phone signal is worse there evidently). It is said to be really lovely.

I am now qualified to dive to 30 metres!!! I did an extra day (dive). 30m is very odd. Reds are no longer red and to my fascination at that depth, my skin had turned Green!!! Obviously not really but as no red light to reflect of my arms to give me that rosy colour.
As for fish, not many at 30m but the wreck was amazing and you could see much more of it. Into the bough where a shell must have torn a hole in it, and then up a bit and you hit the coral. The colours continued to wow me. Fish that were half yellow half purple, massive spotted (back and white with yellow fins) fish, pink fish galore and even a pufferfish (I think)!

Anyway, I am all packed. However this domestic flight has 16kg hold limit and 5kg hand luggage. I think I'll be over that. Oh well, just a bit of a surcharge as I can't really jettison suncream and DEET mosquito repellent!

Hopefully, update you all soon. Tan is really nice, well, I have a tan line.
Keep in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment